Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest App Mobile Boarding Pass Missing TSA Precheck in Apple Wallet

jchungum
Explorer C

On my most recent roundtrip, my mobile app boarding pass was missing the TSA Precheck icon.  I have only used the mobile app to check in, show TSA my boarding pass, and to board the plane.  I fly enough to be on the A-List. 

On the outbound trip, I had to go to a kiosk and print out a boarding pass, which had the TSA Precheck icon. On the return flight, I went to southwest.com on my phone (instead of the app) and the TSA Precheck icon was on it.  Is there something wrong with the latest IOS version (13.1.2), Apple Wallet, and the southwest app?

southwest app screenshot, there is no TSA precheck icon.  it is usually above the scanner code:

IMG_6703.PNG

same flight, southwest.com on my phone.  TSA precheck is available:

IMG_6700.PNG

Anyone see this and have it resolved? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Southwest App Mobile Boarding Pass Missing TSA Precheck in Apple Wallet

frazieaj
Explorer C

I had the same issue this morning. When I checked in with the TSA agent, he said my pre-check status showed up on his screen, but it is not on my boarding pass on the Southwest iOS app. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Good morning. Our Mobile Team is working on a fix, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Please know that in the meantime, eligible travelers are still able to print their boarding passes with their PreCheck status. Additionally, you can still use your mobile boarding pass to board your flight. Thanks!

Nicole
Community Manager

jchungum
Explorer C

Well...I just checked again, and it does seem to be resolved.  The view is slightly different (more like the original SW app view vs. Apple wallet view I was seeing).  Thanks for the updates.  I think it is good now. 

Jaysmix
Explorer C
  • I’m on an IPhone 11 pro max and I see no option to add the boarding pass to my Apple wallet. This is a new issue as of today 10-8-2019

dfwskier
Aviator A

First of all I'm an android guy. I can save my boarding pass to my photo album. Don't know if you have that functionality on IOS.

If you do, you might wnt to try it and see which version (Pre vs No Pre) shows up.

jchungum
Explorer C

I usually do the same on iOS.  The problem is that the original app picture wasn't showing the TSA PreCheck in the first place. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi everyone! Apologies again for the mobile boarding pass issue with PreCheck yesterday. I've just learned that the issue is fixed. Thanks so much for your patience and bringing it into this thread for awareness!

Nicole
Community Manager