Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest App Not Working

lukeaustin81
Explorer C

When I try to open my Southwest App and check in to my flight, or access a boarding pass I get this error.  

Sorry,  we can't seem to connect.  Please check your connection and try again.  Error: 409120277

I have tried on WIFI, I have tried on cellular data.  I have closed the app and reopened it. And I have reset my iPhone 7 and that doesn't seem to fix the problem.

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Southwest App Not Working

opharbour
Explorer C

I'm also experiencing this issue and have been for a couple of weeks.  I've tried deleting and re-downloading the app.

pheisinger
Explorer C

Similar problems - everything except Check-In works on the app, but Check-In says unable to connect.  Started with new iPhone 8+.

welten
Explorer C

I get the same issue today, Message sais:

"Sorry, we can't seem to connect. Please check your connection and try again". Error: 401120278.

I'm on an I-Phone 7.

The error only shows up when trying to access RR acount type stuff like booked flights etc. General queries for things like booking a new flight seem to work fine. But trying to checkin or looking at an existing reservation, does not work. Works fine on my window based computer.

...Not sure if it is related to a recent iOS upgrade which happens automatically overnight . 😞   

(I'm on iOS 11.0.3, recently upgraded). 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I just saw another thread that reported passwords longer than 14 characters can cause an issue with the app working in some sections.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Explorer C

That appears to be my problem tonight.

I can login using Chrome but not with the iPhone app.

cjsnyder
Explorer C

I'm having the same issue....Just recently updated as well.

dpatocka
Explorer C

Did you get this resolved?

Pgraham8
Explorer C

I cannot open my Southwest app on my iphone.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Pgraham8 wrote:

I cannot open my Southwest app on my iphone.

Do you have IOS 11.0 or better? It takes that to have the app work.