Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Theft

tfine
Explorer C

Southwest doesn’t care about their customers.  I paid for Tickets for flights from Denver to Tampa on March 15th 2018.  These tickets cost me close to 1000$ plus my kids were flying by themselves, so there is a minor fee of 200$ total added.  My ex-wife refused to put my kids in the plane with holding.  Despite the fact that i called Southwest Prior to the flight informing them of the issue, and they put notes in the system, they are refusing to refund my money or do anything.  They sre literally stealing $1000+ from me.  This has happened before about a year and half ago and after waiting for 1 hour on hold, Corporate Supervisor refuses do anything and just keeps repeating the same things.  I now how to spend more money and file a lawsuit suing Southwest in Small claims court.  I did everything they told me to do and they still would rather screw their customers then do what is right!  Don’t Fly Southwest, their whole Transfsrency is a lie.  They don’t care about their customers at all!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest Theft

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Assuming you bought non-refundable tickets, the terms are spelled out prior to purchase. You can't receive a refund, but Southwest does allow you to re-use the ticket funds within a year of the purchase date, but for the original passengers only.

Sadly, Southwest's Unaccompanied Minor fee is non-refundable. (That's also stated prior to purchase.)

Because you agreed to these terms when you booked the flights, any sort of legal action would be a waste of time (and money).

Southwest does have an unpublished policy that should allow you to recover some of your funds: Once funds are expired, contact Customer Relations and request reissue as a voucher. The fee is $100 per ticket, which is deducted from the balance. You have 6 months in which to make the request, and the voucher will be valid for use by anyone (not just the original passenger) for 6 months from the date of issue. The special exception requests are granted on a case-by-case basis, and are subject to change at any time.

I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned to you... unless there's more to the story we don't know?

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

Had to deal with a Corporate Supervisor twice. Their job is to help the company, not halp the customer.

tfine
Explorer C

Thank you for the information.  I did not know this.  I left nothing out of the story.  I will take this avenue.