Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest iOS app lock screen notification off by six hours

greatbnaustin
Explorer C

Some time in the past two weeks a new bug has shown up in the iOS version of the Southwest Airlines app where notifications of upcoming flights are early by six hours. My flight yesterday was scheduled for 9:20pm CST and my electronic boarding pass showed the correct 9:20pm CST departure time, but the Southwest app notification in my lock screen showed the departure time as 3:20pm.

Same problem today. My departure time is 10:10pm CST, but the Southwest app notification on my lock screen shows my departure as 4:10pm.

This is a new bug that did not exist two weeks ago. My time zone is set correctly on my phone as "Chicago" (CST). 

I believe this is happening because the Southwest app is taking a time that has already been converted from GMT to CST (-6 hours) and converting it a second time, subtracting a second (-6 hours) in error.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Southwest iOS app lock screen notification off by six hours

steveetter
Explorer C

Same problem is now happening to me every flight. Today I have a flight at 6:50PM. I get a notification at 8:50AM indicating a 11:50AM flight. Clicking on the notification opens my correct 6:50PM boarding pass.0DFE4970-E826-41D2-9AA6-13572E9BEB46.jpeg

5AE13201-4BCE-4F67-8CD7-1A9A4F846A95.jpeg

steveetter
Explorer C

I think mine is now 7 hours off because daylight savings time started this morning

chgoflyer
Aviator A

A reply from Southwest on Facebook:

I’ve noticed in the past week the mobile tickets on Apple Passbook are displaying the wrong time on the lock screen. Is there a fix for this?

Hey, Thatcher! We are aware that some Customers are receiving incorrect notification times, and we have notified our Technology Team to get this fixed. There is a workaround if this particular issue applies to your device. It's possible that although your phone is set to the correct time, it may be set to a different city/time zone. Double check your settings are correct:

Launch the Settings app > General > Date & Time > Time Zone > Enter name of the city of the time zone you desire > Tap the correct city from the list

Let us know if that doesn't work, and we'll relay the additional details to the appropriate team. ^Kelsey

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 1.49.59 PM.png

steveetter
Explorer C

Hi Kelsey -

This doesn’t help. I already checked my time zone settings and they are correct. Something happened to the Southwest app in the last two weeks. Everything worked great until this bug started. Now every flight notification is 6 hours (before daylight savings time) or 7 hours (after daylight savings time) off.

timothyway
Explorer C

Same issue here. Time shown in the alert is 6 hours earlier than the actual flight time. My time zone is set correctly.