Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TIME ZONE CHECK IN QUESTION!

Lynncos
Explorer B

Hi,

I have a return flight booked from Nashville TN.  It departs 3:40pm - central time.

However, I will be in the Eastern time zone at the 24 hr check in point.  

3:40 pm Central time = 4:40 pm Eastern time

Can someone please confirm that I should do my 24 hr check in at 4:40 pm Eastern time?

I am traveling with 3 others and don't want to give them the wrong info!!

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

Re: TIME ZONE CHECK IN QUESTION!

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You are correct You check in 24 hours before the flight in the timezone of the airport you are flying out of so yes if you will be in the eastern tomezone at check in time you would check in at 4:40 Eastern (3:30 Central) 

Hope this helps 

Blake 

Lynncos
Explorer B

Thanks so much for confirming!  Much appreciated!

Lynn

gsking
Aviator C

Your boarding position is preordained...it's not critical to check in right at 24 hrs ahead of time.  So don't sweat it.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@gsking that is NOT correct, unless you use EarlyBird check-in, your boarding position is based on when you check-in.

Customer | Home airport DCA

gsking
Aviator C

We're each half right.  A-List members get preassigned boarding.  Others do not.

"Tier Members' boarding positions are determined prior to check-in, their travel companions still need to check in manually at the 24 hour mark if they are not also Tier Members"

SWDigits
Aviator A

@gsking I am *guessing* that the original poster is not A-list given that they are here on the forums asking about the check-in process.  I would hate for someone to be disappointed based on any comments found here 😞

Customer | Home airport DCA

Lynncos
Explorer B

Correct, I am the original poster and not an A list-er.  I fly SW about 4 times per year, so I am familiar enough with the check-in process but this is the 1st time I will be encountering T-24 check-in while  in a different time zone, therefore I just needed to confirm the timing.

@SWDigits  I realized that some of the responses above are incongruous & I do really appreciate your stepping in to verify this!

Anjiepukapanty
Explorer C

Clarifying: I’m flying to Texas from

Hawaii (5 hours behind) & my boarding is at 9am Hawai’i time. Does this mean I would check in at 9am the day before or 4am the day before to match Texas time that I’m traveling to? SOS!!

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

You may check in at 24 hours based on your local time zone(origin of flight)

Safe Travels