Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Touch ID

jrcowel
Explorer B

iPhone 8+, iOS 12.4, Southwest App 6.8.1

I have been unable to get Touch ID to work upon first entry to the app. I have to login to the app manually first, then if I logout and select “Login”, I am presented with the Touch ID window - that works.

i would just like to know how to get Touch ID to work when I first enter the app! I have been unable to find anywhere to change any settings in the app.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Touch ID

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey there,

Thanks for posting here!

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app? Does this prompt the Touch ID confirmation button again? If not, do you see the option in your iOS settings under the SWA app?

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

jrcowel
Explorer B

I have uninstalled/installed the app many times - to no avail.

I’ve gone into Settings on my iPhone, and into the Southwest app and see no option to enable Touch ID for the app. I also do not see anything in the app itself that provides the option To enable Touch ID.

The interesting thing is that I can manually login to the app, logout, and without closing th app select login again and I have the opportunity to use Touch ID at that point.

This is driving me crazy, especially when I hear from friends that they are not experiencing anything like this.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Sorry for the frustration, @jrcowel ! What iOS version are you running, and which Southwest app version are you running (can be looked up at the bottom of the navigation menu)?

Thanks.

Nicole
Community Manager

jrcowel
Explorer B

If you look at the first post I made concerning this problem you would have the answers to your questions, but I'll repost here so you don't have to find it:

Phone 8+, iOS 12.4, Southwest App 6.8.1

iOS is the most current release available. However, I have had this problem since before the latest release.

Southwest App is the most current release as far as I know. Again however, I have had this problem since before the lastest release was installed (after uninstalling the app). I will also mention that the app has been updated via the Apple App Store many times, and I have uninstalled and installed the app many times.

I hope this answers all your questins.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Thanks and I apologize for my oversight. I forwarded your information to our Mobile App Team and will let you know when I hear back. 

Thanks!

Nicole
Community Manager

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your patience. Please try tapping the "Log in with Touch ID" option. 

If you don’t see that option, have you saved your password to your iPhone/iCloud keychain? You can access it using your iPhone’s settings>Accounts & Passwords>App & Website Passwords.

This should bring you to the “Passwords’ page. Please add password to our website/app there by tapping on “Add Password”, and use the following fields:

• User name: your Rapid Reward Number
  • Password: your Southwest.com/app password

Now close Southwest app, if open, and relaunch it. 

Nicole
Community Manager

jrcowel
Explorer B

I do not see the option "Log in with Touch ID" on the app on my iPhone. Current levels:

iPhone 8+, iOS 12.4.1, Southwest App 6.9.0.

I do have a password vault installed on my iPhone - LastPass 4.7.6. I have turned off "Autofill Passwords" in Settings > Passwords & Accounts, and I also have 0 (zero) passwords saved in "Website & App Passwords" (keychain).

I have tried adding my account information to Keychain as you outlined - no change.

I have tried stopping all applications, turning the phone off and back on - nothing changes.

So, there must be something else going on. Or, if your app cannot tolerate a password vault I guess I'll just have to live with it - although I have other apps installed that support Touch ID and they work fine with the password vault enabled.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@jrcowel 

I am so sorry that the bad experience has given you a hard time. I would never understood why the technology has simplify failed us. 

I know with my applicant for SWA job was difficult one too. Hope you will find a way around to make it work.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We appreciate your feedback, and I'm very sorry that was not a successful resolution for you, @jrcowel. Please know I've relayed your outcome to the appropriate Teams. 

Nicole
Community Manager