Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to Check-In - “Flight not eligible for mobile boarding pass”

JetSetter77
Explorer C

I have been trying since exactly 24 hours prior to departure to check in for my flights from PVR-HOU-FLL on 12/11 with no success due to the above error. I spent 24 minutes on the phone with customer service with no success. One of the other folks I am traveling with was able to check in for the same flights with no issues. I am now expecting to arrive at the airport and receive a deplorable boarding number. Any ideas?

Thanks. -Tony

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unable to Check-In - “Flight not eligible for mobile boarding pass”

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Are you travelling internationally? Mobile boarding passes are not available for international travel. With that said, I would guess that you are indeed checked in and that your boarding position is secure; you will just need to get your boarding pass at the airport.

More here.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

stgeorge
Explorer C

I have a similar problem but without the error message, SW is useless. Within the 24 hour restriction, using either the SW app (most current version) or going to the SW web site on my iphone (current ios), I cannot check-in but get a error message which says ths reservation is not eligible for check-in. But if I go to the hotel's pc and goto the SW web site I can check-in with no problem. But by then I have a poor boarding position.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The terminology Southwest uses is a bit confusing. Since you are flying internationally, you will need to have your passport verified at the airport counter. This is why you cannot get a mobile boarding pass. You should, however, now be "checked in" in that you have an assigned boarding position, which will be shown on your boarding pass when you "check in" again at the airport (to have your passport verified).

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

Just go to kiosk which is available at airport, enter your confirmation number and the machine will print a boarding tickets.