Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Update spelling of name on ticket

KylieT
Explorer C

My boyfriend booked tickets as a gift but spelt my middle name incorrectly. It's a simple typo on one letter. How can I correct this? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Update spelling of name on ticket

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

If you are enrolled in TSA PreCheck then it's worth a phone call to Southwest to get it corrected. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it unless you have some spare time to hang out on hold waiting for a Southwest phone agent. You may also be able to contact Southwest through Twitter (@SouthwestAir) and request help with the change.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

If you are enrolled in TSA PreCheck then it's worth a phone call to Southwest to get it corrected. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it unless you have some spare time to hang out on hold waiting for a Southwest phone agent. You may also be able to contact Southwest through Twitter (@SouthwestAir) and request help with the change.

--TheMiddleSeat

@Don't include any identifying information in your tweet until @SouthwestAir asks for a direct message, if you use Twitter.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

Yeah you should be fine ! I sometimes have some extra names on my id compared to my ticket and it’s usually fine