Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Very bad experience with Southwest

Hongyan2018
Explorer C

I was flying from San Jose to Omaha on 8/8, flight 1939. After we boarded on time, we were told there is a dent on the airplan and we need to get some paperwork from FAA. After sitting on the plane for 3 hours, we were told we won't be able to make the connection and had to rebook. The people who helped me rebook told us we will get LUV vocher for double the price of hotel we booked, the only condition is the hotel price won't excedd $300.

I booked a hotel nearby the airport, with a rate of $250 per night. Next day when I went to the ticket stand to ask for vochers, they said that's not their policy. After I got somebody else who booted from that plane stand by me and told them we were told the same thing, they finally agreed to compensate me for the hotel but won't give me the double they promised.

Plus we have a group of 5 people,  including 2 young kids and a senior. Not to mention how much trouble we had to go through check out/check in all the luggages. The person at ticket office won't pay me for the second hotel room before I asked for the supervisor. We have 5 people with 3 adults, do you expect me to stay in the same room?

Even worse my yonger kid left her kindle on the plane when we had to take all our belongs and get off the plane. I filed claim for lost and found and was told it's not be able to be retrieved. Are you kidding me?! Why?? Did you even look for it??

I will never fly on Southwest again!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Very bad experience with Southwest

bec102896
Aviator A

@Hongyan2018

Sorry you had a bad experience 

I would highly recommend you reach out to customer relations by calling 855-234-4654 or you can send Southwest a DM on twitter and they can look in to everything that occurred and see what can be done.

hope this helps

Blake