Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Waiting on hold

Whattheheck
Explorer C

Am I missing something here?  

Is there another number I should call or number I should push for assistance?

have I done something wrong or did SW fire all there phone reps?

trying to reach a rep to extend the time to use a canceled flight.  

Have been on hold for 1 hour 20 mins and counting. 

All suggestions welcome, except foolish ones. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Waiting on hold

Whattheheck
Explorer C

Just an update—- it’s now 12:50 am mountain time. 

Woman answered ... listened to my request... “sent me to a manager”

still on hold. At least the music is different. 

But hey, my teeth are brushed.. got my pj’s on... started a load of laundry, watched a 1985 episode of The Twilight Zome called Camilion.  

About to start cleaning the kitchen. 

Clock’s ticking. 

Whattheheck
Explorer C

Just another update .... it’s now 01:40 and I am still on hold. 

But... the kitchen is clean!!  

Hand-Washed four dinner plates, two small plates, one bowl, 1 skillet, 1 frying pan, 8 pieces of plastic storage ware, and 21 untensils and ..... swept the floor!!

Good thing I’m not a drinking man as I’d be done in by this hold music. 

The best part is when there is a delay between songs and the man who thanks me for my patience comes on real quiet-like and fakes me into thinking the phone’s been answered. 

That’s a great gag SW!! 

Well played. 

Whattheheck
Explorer C

So some one out there may be wondering why I am on hold and not using the Internet to solve my SW conundrum. 

Answer: apparently I cannot use the Internet to extend a credit for a canceled reservation that has yet to be used.  

See I was going to Fla last summer when I tore my knee up referring HS summer basketball.

So I have a flight credit, but a manager has to extend that credit. 

So here I am at 01:50.  

Going to bed... but for fun I am going to leave the phone connected to SW and see if someone answers.  If they do and I don’t here them, well, we’ll start this shindig again tomorrow. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Been there. Done that. It's no fun. For whatever reason the frequency of times that people run into excessive times on hold seems much higher than in the past.

If your situation has not been resolved, I have two suggestions:

1) The cell app has a chat function. You could try that

2) Click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and pick e-mail or twitter from the top left f the ensuing page. If you choose twitter, don't include things like confirmation number until you enter DM mode.

Either of the above beats the heck out of hours on hold, listening to elevator music.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@Whattheheck wrote:

So some one out there may be wondering why I am on hold and not using the Internet to solve my SW conundrum. 

Answer: apparently I cannot use the Internet to extend a credit for a canceled reservation that has yet to be used.  

See I was going to Fla last summer when I tore my knee up referring HS summer basketball.

So I have a flight credit, but a manager has to extend that credit. 

So here I am at 01:50.  

Going to bed... but for fun I am going to leave the phone connected to SW and see if someone answers.  If they do and I don’t here them, well, we’ll start this shindig again tomorrow. 

Sorry to hear about your experience with telephone hold times. Unfortunately, very long hold times for telephone support are the new norm. Luckily there are other ways to contact Southwest as mentioned above.

Be aware that, Southwest never extends expiration dates on travel funds. Their systems don't even have any way to change an expiration date.

Once a travel fund is expired, however, it may be reissued as a voucher, for a fee of $100 which is deducted from the balance. You'll need to reach out to Customer Relations (my recommendation is via Twitter) in order to make the request. You have six months following expiration in which to do so, and the voucher will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

Hope this helps. Good luck!