Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When husband makes reservation and is a non A-list

DSM1
Explorer C

When I go to retrieve our reservation I see I am A-List, husband not.   If he makes reservation and uses my RR# along with his, am I still checked in 36 hours prior to flight as A-list and he has to wait 24 hrs?   

4 REPLIES 4

Re: When husband makes reservation and is a non A-list

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

A-List benefits are given/available to anyone who is A-List regardless of who makes the reservation if their RR# is given with their name when making the reservation. In your specific question, the travelers who are A-List will be assigned a boarding position 36 hours prior to departure. Other non A-List travelers on the reservation will not be automatically assigned a boarding position and would need to check-in sometime within 24 hours of departure. Non A-List travelers can purchase Earlybird Check-in to be automatically checked in if they would prefer not to check-in manually. 

DSM1
Explorer C

Thank you.  It is now within 36 hrs and I do not see my searing arrangement.   I appreciate all info you provide👌🏼

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Assigned at 36, not available until 24 like everyone else. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Did you just recently earn A-list? You will "check-in" after 24 hours just as you always did before - the only difference is that your number is already assigned. After the 24-hour mark you are actually just claiming your boarding pass. Since the number if pre-assigned, you don't have to scramble to do it right at 24-hours, you can do it more or less at your leisure.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.