Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

check in for someone I bought a ticket for

outatsea
Explorer C

I bought a ticket online for my granddaughter in Air Force stationed in Texas to come home to Oregon. When she uses her phone to check in (I gave her the password and she has the Southwest App on her phone) will she be able to get the boarding pass bar code on her phone?  Is there an option when checking as to which phone number to send the ticket to? I'm worried she'll check in on her phone and the ticket will be sent to my phone. Another question about this: Would it work if  I check in on my computer and take a picture of the ticket and send to her phone? My granddaughter needs to get the ticket by phone because she may not have access to computer and printer during check in time. Thank you for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: check in for someone I bought a ticket for

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@outatsea

First off thanks to your granddaughter for her service to our country!

If she checks in on the app logged in to her Rapid rewards account the boarding pass will be right there on the homepage she can take a screen shot so it's easier come boarding time because you never know these days when the app could act up. 

If she doesn't have a rapid rewards account when she opens the app and clicks checks in she should still be able to see the boarding pass and take a screen shot after entering the confirmation number. she can also print the pass at the airport after checking in on the app if she would rather have a paper boarding pass. it won't send the pass to you unless she types in your phone number to send the pass to which of course if it did send the pass to you then you could forward it to her. 

Hope this helps 

Blake 

Re: check in for someone I bought a ticket for

outatsea
Explorer C

Thank you! I appreciate the answer.