Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

early bird check-in

vad11111
Explorer C

I won't be purchasing any more early bird check-ins.  Tried to check-in about 25 hours before flight and was not allowed to do it.  Maybe there was a glitch in the system, but my husband tried to do it from his iphone (he had a different confirmed purchase on the same flight) and he wasn't allowed to check-in either.  Both of us had purchased the early bird feature.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: early bird check-in

chgoflyer
Aviator A

So many threads about EarlyBird Check-In.

So much information easily available on the website, for anyone taking the time to look. 😉

EarlyBird Check-In automatically checks you in and assigns your position beginning 36 hours before departure. You can only check yourself in, view your position and print your boarding pass starting at 24 hours prior to departure.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @vad11111,

EarlyBird automatically checks you in. You don't have to do anything manually. The benefit is that your boarding position will be assigned to you, without you having to do any work. Those who do not purchase EarlyBird must wait  until 24 hours before departure to check in. 

mycomm459
Explorer C

I just started buying the earlybird checkin. I love it, at my age, the more I can simplify my plans especially for travel enjoyment, is most important!  Airports are becoming more scary every day, I feel very comfortable with SW airlines, I read to see what steps to take, SW narrative is easy to follow.  Keep up the good works! Thanks SW, I'm looking forward to flying continuously with you!