Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

self service kiosks

igrimes63
Explorer C

New Orleans needs the self service kiosks to check-in and print your own luggage tags.  What a zoo that airport area is!

1 REPLY 1

Re: self service kiosks

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@igrimes63, it is a zoo after VooDoo (music festival).  Certain times of the year are really crowded for the MSY airport and Halloween is one of those times.  (Jazz Fest and Mardi Gras are two of the other times.) 

Hopefully SWA will get to add the luggage self-check kiosks soon.  The New Orleans Aviation Board has to approve all changes, so either or both parties may be delaying because they are building a new New Orleans airport which is scheduled to open in early 2019. 

I keep hoping for a ticketing line and TSA security line app that gives the length of time needed. If we have them for traffic, it seems like it could work for the airport.  TSA tried one within their app but it was self reporting, and they dropped it after about a year (even though I thought it was fairly accurate.)  If one knows there will be extra people at the airport, they will typically allow extra time.

I hope the rest of your visit was enjoyable, that your arrival was okay, and that you will consider another visit even though your departure airport experience may have not been the best.