Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Friend booked a flight

Gage_rk
Explorer C

My friend bought me a flight, using her points and whatnot. Confirmation and everything was sent to my email however the flight isn't showing up in my app. Is there a way for accessability purposes to make it easier on me checking in and whatnot is there a way to get it to show up on my app? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Friend booked a flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

Check the website. It should show in your upcoming flights -- at least it always has for me.

I'm assuing the correct RR number was used when the flight was booked.

Gage_rk
Explorer C

She used it using her points. Am I unable to use the flight if that's the case????

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Gage_rk wrote:

She used it using her points. Am I unable to use the flight if that's the case????

It should make no difference. If your RR number was used, the flight  should show up in your upcoming flights.

Any person can use his/her points to buy a ticket for any other person.

Gage_rk
Explorer C

I don't think my RR was used, I'm pretty sure hers was since she took the points I'm sure?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Gage_rk wrote:

I don't think my RR was used, I'm pretty sure hers was since she took the points I'm sure?

If your RR number was not used, then there is no way for the reservation to show up in the app or the website both of which are tied to your RR number.

It sounds like you need to contact your friend to find out whether or not she used your RR number, and if yes, have the person read it back to you to insure the correct number was used.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If she didn't include it when she booked, she can contact Southwest and have your RR number added to the reservation, then it should show up in your online account & app.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You can add your RR number to your reservation Here

Hope this helps

Blake