Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost email voucher

Jsavs93
Explorer C

I received two $50 travel vouchers via email for me and my boyfriends bags being left out in the rain on one of our trips. I was just looking to find them and it seems that the emails have been deleted. Is there anyway that southwest might be able to send me the emails again? or are they totally lost forever 😕 I was really excited to use them.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Lost email voucher

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can certainly ask by calling Southwest, but in most cases I've heard about Southwest puts the responsibility of keeping the voucher on the customer and does not replace them if lost.

Good luck!

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

You could tweet Southwest and they might be able to help but as mentioned by themiddleseat no guarantees. 

-Blake

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

What a bummer!

I agree with these guys here in that it is not likely you will be able to get them again from Southwest.  It is best to treat them as cash.  In the future, it might be worth grabbing a screenshot to keep on your phone.  

I'm sure you have done a deep dive through your email using the search function?

-A List, Companion Pass holder

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @Jsavs93! LUV Vouchers are valid for travel within 12 months of their issue date. Southwest is more than happy to resend paper vouchers via email for travel within the validity period. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to reach out via the steps below. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@NicoleAshley Good to know! I didn't realize they could be re-sent.  Noted!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@elijahbrantley wrote:

@NicoleAshley Good to know! I didn't realize they could be re-sent.  Noted!

Experiences with this seem to differ. 😉

My general understanding is that if it's a paper voucher received from an agent at the airport it generally cannot be reissued, but if it's an email voucher sent by Customer Relations it generally can be reissued. Some exceptions do apply.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Certainly we apologize if there was any miscommunication in the past. Allow me to clarify that Customer Relations is able to search by the Customer's confirmation number to locate paper vouchers issued in the airport and send a an email replacement in every case as long as it's still within the validity period. 

Nicole
Community Manager