Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Love Field to Kona Hawaii

mpmmnok
Explorer C

Hello,

Has anyone flown from Love Field to Kona Hawaii?

Wondering what connecting cities are.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Love Field to Kona Hawaii

bec102896
Aviator A

@mpmmnok 

To learn more about Southwest's service to Hawaii check out This link.

I went to Honolulu the first week of Southwest's service to Hawaii from Austin and I had a connection in Oakland. The service has expanded though since then so hopefully this site will help with planning your trip to the island. 

-Blake 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@mpmmnok I actually cannot find any Southwest service from DAL to KOA.  Since Southwest is still ramping up it's service to HI, you might try looking for nearby departure or arrival cities.

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

For some reason it doesn't appear that you can book a flight from the mainland to KOA, at least not yet. I tried to do this a few months ago, flying from DEN. The workaround is to book to either HNL or OGG, then book an inter-island flight from there to KOA. When you check in your bags in Dallas use the full service desk and you can request the bags be checked through to KOA instead of having to pick them up in HNL or OGG and rechecking them, just have the confirmation number for your inter-island flight handy in case the agent wants to see it. You'll need to do all the same booking and bag check workarounds to get back to the mainland from KOA. 

--TheMiddleSeat