Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Outlook Calendar Update?

SaraLynn
Explorer C

I have searched the forum and see that calendars have been discussed repeatedly, but I'm not finding the answer I need.

I work for several executives and up until about April of this year, Southwest flights would automatically post on their Outlook calendars as they received the flight info into their respective emails. Then it stopped. I've tried updating their Outlook accounts, but it hasn't solved the problem.

Please help! Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Outlook Calendar Update?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I am not 100% sure.  My flights post into my Outlook calendar, but I am pretty sure that happens because of the Concur confirmation emails...not the Southwest ones.

That said, I did find this article about adding event from email to calendar.  I hope that helps!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

SaraLynn
Explorer C

@elijahbrantley, thank you - I have already tried that. I should have mentioned that other airlines are posting without issue - only having the problem with Southwest.

jksobonya
Aviator A

This isn't Outlook-related per se, but if you're using an iPhone on the latest IOS, calendar updates changed with the latest release. They have now appeared in my calendar 'inbox' and I have to go and confirm I want them added to my calendar. I don't know, if you accepted them, if they would then auto-publish in Outlook, but it maybe worth looking into. 

--Jessica

SaraLynn
Explorer C

Thanks, Jessica - I'm using a laptop, not iOS. Still open to suggestions...

SWDigits
Aviator A
You may want to reach out to the Southwest team via Twitter, that may be the quickest way to get help with resolution. Click "Contact Us" to get their Twitter handle.

Customer | Home airport DCA

SaraLynn
Explorer C
Solution

I did reach out to Southwest as suggested... they know about the problem and don't know when it will be resolved. For the meantime, you can click on the "Add to Calendar" link on the website when you make a reservation.

Thanks to all.