cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Outreach

We put our Heart into everything we do.
Share your experience here and learn from others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peanuts

Dennisbarber
New Arrival

We need a letter writing campaign to "Save the Peanuts".    SWA wants to stop serving peanuts on 8.1.18.   

3 REPLIES

Re: Peanuts

Passenger1C

As an avid peanut loving passenger, I hear you.  But change is good right?

If you would like to express your concern with Southwest you can contact them via Twitter in a DM or you can call customer relations at 855-234-4654. 

Passenger1C
Highlighted

dfwskier

I believe that all other major US airlines have already stopped poviding peanuts.

Why? Answer: some pople have  a potential life threatening  alergy -- to peanuts. These people don't have to eat peants to have problems, they just have to be near them, smell them or touch peanut oil.

If a passenger on a past flight spills peanuts on the floor, or seat, and they don't get cleaned up, then a passenger on a future flight could have a real problem.

I like peanuts as much as the next guy, but in the interest of safety, Southwest is, IMO, making a good decision.

BTW, I joked with a flight attendant a few days ago about whether Southwet would be having a fire sale on peanuts on July 31. His response was that the company would likely have disposed of it's supply well before 8/1.

So if you want some of Southwest's peanuts, you better get on a n airplane soon.

DancingDavidE
Rising Star

@dfwskier wrote:

Why? Answer: some pople have  a potential life threatening  alergy -- to peanuts. These people don't have to eat peants to have problems, they just have to be near them, smell them or touch peanut oil.

If a passenger on a past flight spills peanuts on the floor, or seat, and they don't get cleaned up, then a passenger on a future flight could have a real problem.

I like peanuts as much as the next guy, but in the interest of safety, Southwest is, IMO, making a good decision.

This pains me personally, due to gluten issues I can't have the pretzels. But it is a big difference - I can probably eat one pretzel and be okay, the crumbs don't bother me, I can hold them in my hand, if the plane became filled with pretzel dust I'd be okay...that's not true for the peanut allergy people, espeically children that have severe reactions - I can't imagine getting onto a peanut dust-filled metal tube for the people that are most affected.

So although I'll miss the peanuts personally, I think it is the right decision by Southwest.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse and LAS for work, A-list and CP.