Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel credit question please

Yzguy
Explorer A

I apologize but I've read all I could find here and I'm still confused.  I have some travel credit for both my husband and I.  The expiration dates are February 2, and March 2, 2020.  I'm getting ready to purchase some tickets for a trip in May of 2020.  Can I use those funds or no?  I'm not clear if I have to rebook before the expiration date or if we have to travel before the expiration date.  If it's the later, we will lose the credit.  

Thanks for all help,

Yzguy

1 REPLY 1

Re: Travel credit question please

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Yzguy 

for you to use travel funds the funds must be booked and flown by the expiration date so in your case since your funds expire in February and March you wouldn't be able to use those funds on your trip in May. 

Depending on how much you have in travel funds you could wait until they expire and reach out to Southwest customer relations who might be able to issue a voucher for the funds minus $100 meaning if you have $300 in funds they might be able to issue you a voucher for $200 which has an expiration date 6 months later. There is no guarantee they will do it though as it is a case by case situation. 

-Blake