Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Will never switch again

Patfrye
Explorer C

I tried a cheaper airline (well it is not cheaper).  The whole experience was the worst I ever had since I was 15 yrs old flying.  I will NEVER LEAVE SOUTHWEST.  Just wanted to say thank you for always being there when I had question prices are good no additional fees no delays without reason.  Still never got explanation why our 1 plane out of whole fleet was delayed. Southwest employees always kind polite and helpful. Other airline they ignore you talk back in a angry manner.  Don't know process of baggage told me to figure it out.  I will stay with southwest even if other company gives me free flight. (I complained about my whole experience telling them that I will never leave southwest no matter how cheap their flight were).  Well that's all. THANK YOU SOUTHWEST YOUR COMPANY SETS THE STANDARDS HIGH.  AND DO A GOOD JOB.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Will never switch again

bec102896
Aviator A

@Patfrye

Sorry you had to be on a flight with the other guys but I am very glad you have decided to return to the great Southwest Airlines after that bad experience.

hope you enjoy your free flight changes and free bags and no hidden fees. 

Thanks for sharing here on the community 

Blake 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I always, always tell folks that airline choice is SO MUCH MORE than just ticket price!  Are there fees? (With SW Air, the answer is typically no.)  Are their employees nice and helpful?  Do they have good operations?  Do they treat their customers well?  Do you have any flexibility once the ticket is booked?

For all these questions, SW typically has the edge.  Now, there is never one perfect airline for all types of travellers, but i know for me and my family, SW is always the way to go.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TiffanyV
Employee
Employee

Hi @Patfrye, we are glad you have had great expereinces with Southwest and thank you for sharing your story. We hope to see you in the air soon!

Tiffany
External Communications
Southwest Airlines Community

737_debacle
Explorer C

Just had a terrible experience with SW, from the flight to customer service. I'm on the receiving end of one of the many mid-trip, unannounced max-8 rolling cancellations. SW puts the burden of their cancellations entirely on the customer, as if it's the customer's fault that SW chose the max-8. It is just so sad to see how far SW has fallen. There was once a time when they actually did seem to care when customers had a bad experience. Especially when their decisions caused it.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry that you are having travel troubles.

Southwest didn't buy Max8s knowing they were going to be grounded. Neither did other airlines across the world that bought the other 314 that were flying when the grounding occurred. To imply that the airline is responsible for a grounding that it could not predict is a bit disingenuous.

It's a difficult situation for everyone concerned. If you were on a Max8 flight that was cancelled Southwest automatically scheduled you for the next available flight. SInce the airline cannot snap it's fingers and have a plane miraculously appear, that rescheduling might not be as convenient as you would like, but it;s the best the airline could do.

There really is nothing else that the airline can do.