Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

donations

specialmom
Explorer C

I am trying to raise funds for an autism service dog for my son Wyatt.  Therefore I wanted to find out if you could help us out in anyway.   We are going through a nonprofit organization to get the dog.  

1 REPLY 1

Re: donations

TiffanyV
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @specialmom, thank you for reaching out and thinking of Southwest. As I’m sure you can imagine, we do get asked by many deserving indivuiduals and organizations for tickets, monetary donations, and sponsorships. At this time we don't sponsor individual donation requests . However, you did mention you are working with a nonprofit, and I wanted to provide you with additional information. From a charitable standpoint, Southwest Airlines provides direct support to various qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, particularly, those providing direct services to their constituents and most critical need situations that also fall within our current areas of strategic focus: Families Facing Serious Illness, Military and their Families, Disaster Preparedness and Response, and the Environment. Unfortunately, due to the large volumes we receive, we are only accepting applications through our online portal.

Should you wish to request donated tickets for domestic U.S. travel if you are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; our local charitable request process for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations is online at www.southwest.com/donations. Should your organization have a future event that is more than 60 days away, we encourage you to submit an application. The online format is for ticket donations only, usually in the 2-4 ticket range. Applying for tickets, even for organizations meeting the application criteria, does not guarantee that tickets will be granted, and we suggest that all organizations read through our guidelines prior to applying.

I know our decision will be disappointing for you, but I do hope you can understand our position. We wish you and Wyatt the very best of luck and thank you for considering Southwest!

Kind Regards,

Tiffany
External Communications
Southwest Airlines Community