Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

reservations online

armjoedom
Explorer C

I am a senior member of Southwest and for the first time making reservation for my husband and I. When I am making RSVP will that include my husband (who is also amember) and I say two seniors flying.  Or do we RSVP separately booking flights.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Re: reservations online

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@armjoedom wrote:

I am a senior member of Southwest and for the first time making reservation for my husband and I. When I am making RSVP will that include my husband (who is also amember) and I say two seniors flying.  Or do we RSVP separately booking flights.

Thank you

I'm unfamiliar with some of the terminology you are using. Are you asking how to make a senior fare reservation for two people?

First of all, Wanna Ge Away fares are cheaper than senior fares - at times a lot cheaper. The downside is that they are non-refundable, but a cancellation gets you a travel fund that you can use for future travel. Senior fares are totally refundable.

Yes, you can make a reservation for two people at one time. On the booking page you can type in that you are booking a fight for two people. Type in where you are coming from and where you want to go. Type in your dates of travel. Hit enter. A list of available flights will appear. Pick the flights you want and hit enter. At that point you can type in the names and other pertinent information for two people.

If you are a rapid rewards member, log in before doing any of the above. Then the system will auto fill your personal details, and you will only have to type in your husband's information.

If you were asking something else, come on back with more details.

Re: reservations online

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You should also know Southwest is discontinuing the senior fare as of December 11, 2019. As @dfwskier mentioned the Wanna Get Away fare is usually much cheaper so unless you absolutely need full refundability it doesn't make much sense to buy the senior fare if a Wanna Get Away fare is available.

--TheMiddleSeat