Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

4 hour delay from Oahu to Maui

LuisEB
Explorer C

this is just unacceptable we were booked to fly out of Oahu at 7:45 and now it's been delayed until 11 p.m.

They state that it was a domino effect because of mechanical but the only one suffering is the ones traveling to Maui because I don't see the flight Kona being delayed...

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 4 hour delay from Oahu to Maui

bec102896
Aviator A

@LuisEB 

First off sorry to hear your flight is delayed tonight! Delays aren't fun but they do happen. 

I have done some checking on my end and it looks as flight 240 from HNL to KOA left 3 hours 45min late this has caused flight 248 KOA to HNL to be late as well and that is leading to your delay on flight 319 (the original 7:45PM departure to OGG-Maui) if you have the southwest mobile app you can type in flight numbers above and that will show you the domino effect. Keep in mind this could change at any time so keep watching the Southwest app or check in at the gate for up to date information in case they swap planes to get you out sooner. 

While i I don’t know the reason for the delay hopefully that info will help with tracking your flight. 

Hope this helps

Blake

LuisEB
Explorer C

thank you for all the information actually they just made things better by giving us $200 in the form of a voucher because of the delay... it's not like I'll get my time back but at least they compensated with some monetary value

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Now that’s the Southwest I have come to know and LUV!

Glad to hear they were able to issue out vouchers for the inconvenience!

Hopefully they will have you on your way soon!

Blake