Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Anxious, first time flyer

Bella12

My husband is flying for the first time. He wants to go through Southwest Airlines. Is there anyway a flight for 2 people can cost around $310.00 roundtrip? The airports we would be using is DFW and GRR

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Anxious, first time flyer

bec102896
Rising Star

Hello 

so first off southwest flies out of DAL love field instead of DFW (just I. Case that makes a difference) 

The best thing to do is sign up for the click n save emails that way you can know when a sale is on (usually happens on Tuesdays) and you can also check out the low fare calendar on southwest.com that way you can see a whole months worth of fares per person and find the price that works best for your budget. 

hope this helps

Blake 

bec102896
Rising Star

@Bella12

Just wanted to add right now there is a sale on for tickets starting at $49 you should check it out before the sale ends on Friday 

Blake 

Highlighted

TwTLeslie

Definitely check right now during the sale ending Friday - this is one of the bigger sales Southwest only runs a few times a year. Use the "Flexible Dates" feature (looks like a little calendar) to see all the fares every day in a month view to spot the lowest prices.

I think $310 for 2 people roundtrip is probably unrealistic for the DAL to GRR route, though. The lowest I just spotted when a ran a quick search was $127 one way - the total for two people flying roundtrip would therefore be $508. But you never know and fares do change regularly so keep checking!

Hope you get to take the trip and don't be anxious - flying with Southwest is so much fun and a great airline for a newbie!