Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Colorado is big enough to be served from 2 airports by Southwest

cosneedsluv
Explorer C

As Southwest is bursting at the seams in Denver, it is time to remember that there are over million residents in Colorado Springs and southern Colorado who could use LUV service.  Colorado Springs has a convenient airport and its about time SWA returned to provide service to all of us in the shadow of America's mountain - Pikes Peak. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Colorado is big enough to be served from 2 airports by Southwest

rose_jw
Explorer C

I couldn't agree more.  We have american, united and frontier and they can't compete with southwest in anyway.  I have driven the 75+ miles many times to avoid these airlines and fly southwest, but it sure would be much easier if we could get a few southwest flights a day out of colorado springs.  Frontier has proved their is plently of room for more airlines, and it would be nice to fly for a fair price where we weren't charged for every little thing. 

Re: Colorado is big enough to be served from 2 airports by Southwest

dfwskier
Aviator A

Morning.

Remember this is a customer to cstomer forum. So you are better off sending your comment directly to the airline. To do so, click on the words "contact us" a the bottom left of this page, and then view your options to contact the airline on the top left of the ensuing page.

That being said, Southwest keeps adding gates at DIA, and DIA expansion plans include even more

DIA C concourse gates, so Southwest is not going to run out of room for expansion at DIA at any time in the future. I understand that DIA is still talking about potentially adding  D and E. consourses.