Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Complaint

erinmarie28
Explorer C

I love southwest. Never had a problem before until my most recent flight. It was the weekend of January 11th and all the snow the east coast got. My fiance and I were coming home that sunday 1/13/19 when the weather was really bad in Maryland. We had the 7pm flight and the 2 flights before ours got cancelled so you can imagine us on the edge of our seats praying our flight wasn't cancelled. So we were boarding, he was on first since he is A-list. We usually try to always sit in the same area, emergency exit rows. Now, we have flown so many times that this was not new to us. I am boarding and so I do not hold up the line with everyone boarding since it was a full flight of 143 i asked my fiance to please but the small luggage in the over head. The very rude and unprofessional flight attendant Julia said if i couldnt lift it by myself i couldnt sit there. I totally get the responsibility of sitting in the exit row, but come on and I was sitting in the aisle seat. So while the line is getting longer at this point, i struggled putting it up there because i was furious and embarrased that she was so rude. She didn't stop there, continued to keep talking to me about the exit row, i finally just said "ok, im not new to sitting here or flying just please leave me alone." I was done with her and the situation since she already embarressed me and i was exhausted from the day. She continued to be rude and disrespectful to other passengers as well after that. I was very disappointed with this situation. And I've never had a problem, ever, with any flight attendant like this. This was flight #5134. But the flight and landing in the snow was great! Couldn't have been smoother. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Complaint

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@erinmarie28 sorry to hear about your flight. Sounds like you had a long drawn out day, and this experience pushed your exhaustion over the edge.  

I personally have not experienced a situation like this on SW, but since you fly often with them, it’s important to voice your concern. 

If I was you, I would reach out to them on Twitter. My experience interacting with SW on Twitter has always been great. 

Good luck and I hope you get the response you are expecting. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

erinmarie28
Explorer C

Thank you so much!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that you had these problems.

Since this is  customer to customer forum, this is a place to vent, but not likely to get you any satisfaction.

edit add: poor choice of words above. I was rushing to catch my own flight and was not as articulate as I should have been. Resolution would have been more appropriate than satisfaction.

If you feel strongly about it, you could file a complaint with the airline. Click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then pick your method of contact from those listed on the top left of the ensuing page. 

Most Southwest flight attendents are pretty congenial. Not sure what might having been going on with Julia.

erinmarie28
Explorer C

Thank you!

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@erinmarie28

I am so sorry to hear about the bad experience that you have endured. From my point of experience on "Emergency Exit" rows, the main reason is that; If anyone do not have a physcial ability to perform a simple function should not be sitting on exit row. Believe me, when this comes to a situation in event of emergency that takes in place. One must have the ability to open the emergency exit door and courage the others to evacuate the plane.

In other hands, I am sorry that the attendant treated you unfairly, you might wants to contact Southwest customer complaint department at: 1 (800) 435-9792.

Hope this will helps. Smiley Wink

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@DfDrPepper_23 wrote:

In other hands, I am sorry that the attendant treated you unfairly, you might wants to contact Southwest customer complaint department at: 1 (800) 435-9792.

Hope this will helps. Smiley Wink

The correct phone number for customer relations is 855-234-4654. The 800 number is for reservations. 

-Blake