Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Connection Seating

JillianFahie
Explorer C

Hi,

We are traveling to Orlando from Boston but have a short layover in Wisconsin.  I am concerned that even though we purchased earlybird seating that we won’t arrive early enough to get seating together on the connecting flight.  Our flight from boston lands at 8:15 and our connecting flight leaves at 8:50.  Side note, I have a disabled child.  How do I ensure that my kids won’t be separated from us with our flights so close together?

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1

Re: Connection Seating

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

MKE is a much smaller airport than Boston or Orlando, so you'll have that in your favor as you try to get from gate to gate, the time to taxi to the gate should be relatively short as well, maybe they will arrive a few minutes early which would help.

Are any of your kids six years old or younger? If yes, then you may board at family boarding in the "A61" position if you are there in time for that.

Otherwise if you get to the gate and boarding is already commenced, you'll have to let the flight attendants know when you board and they can help try to get one or more volunteers to reseat if needed. Not everyone will be willing, but you should be able to find a couple of people after explaining the tight connection. The FA may bribe them with a beverage.

Assuming that is 8:50 p.m. maybe it will be late enough that the Orlando leg won't be completely packed, but Orlando is very busy these days so it is difficult to say.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.