Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Disabled seating

rumoro25
Explorer C

I am aware there is not assigned seating. However my wife and I are disabled and need each others assistance. Is it possible it get seats together? If yes, how do we go about arranging it? Can it be pre-arranged so that we don't have to stressed out worry about it the day of travel? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Disabled seating

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest allows passengers with disabilities to preboard, meaning you board the plane before everyone else. You'll definitely be able to sit next to each other so there's no need to worry about it. Have a great trip! 

Here's more information about preboarding:

Do passengers with disabilities get to preboard?

Prior to general boarding, preboarding is available for Customers who have specific seating needs to accommodate a disability, and/or need assistance in boarding the aircraft, and/or need to stow an assistive device. If you have a disability and require preboarding, you should request a Preboarding Document from the Customer Service Agent at your departure gate.

The Preboarding Document serves as notification to our Operations (Boarding) Agent that you need to preboard. It's important to keep in mind those Customers who preboard may not occupy a seat on the emergency exit rows. Customers who have any other special needs related to boarding should speak with the Customer Service Agent at your departure gate."

Jhonnybravo4321
Explorer C

How did preboarding end up working out for you due to being disabled? Thanks.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jhonnybravo4321 wrote:

How did preboarding end up working out for you due to being disabled? Thanks.

The preboarding passenger can take one person with them so I'm sure it worked out fine.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.