Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Dock-a-tot: carry on item

ElenaKilduff
Explorer C

Hi!

Has anyone ever traveled with a dock-a-tot? its like a lounge area / travel mattress for infants / toddlers.

I am looking to travel with my 3 month old in the next 3 weeks. Traveling to the south from Boston. I have 1 stop / connecting flight and i want to have this with me for my daughter to lay in during the lay over. just not sure if i am able to have it as a carry on. I have seen on the website and on blogs that parents travel with it - some say it can be a carry on but i would just like to make sure with south west.

posted a picture below for refference. Dimensions are 18x24 inches

thanks!doc a tot.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Re: Dock-a-tot: carry on item

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ElenaKilduff wrote:

Hi!

Has anyone ever traveled with a dock-a-tot? its like a lounge area / travel mattress for infants / toddlers.

I am looking to travel with my 3 month old in the next 3 weeks. Traveling to the south from Boston. I have 1 stop / connecting flight and i want to have this with me for my daughter to lay in during the lay over. just not sure if i am able to have it as a carry on. I have seen on the website and on blogs that parents travel with it - some say it can be a carry on but i would just like to make sure with south west.

posted a picture below for refference. Dimensions are 18x24 inches

thanks!doc a tot.jpg

Can I get one in 36" by 72"?

Southwest's guidance is 10x16x24 - https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/baggage/carryon-bags-pol.html

...so technically you might be a little over, but it would be difficult to say that this would be rejected at boarding time, especially if it folds up. I'd bring a bag or container if you plan to store it overhead...all those roller bags being pulled through all parts of the airport, outdoors, bathrooms, etc.

You might even procure a duffel or roller bag that is 10x16x24 that you can put it in for storage, then you would definitely be clear, plus keeping it clean in the overhead.

How long is the layover?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.