Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Endless hold

tongking
Explorer C

I booked nonstop and received email of change in flight that has 2 stops with total flight duration of more than 6 hours. Now vaving trouble with changing flights online and directed to call airline. I've been on hold now for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Had anyone experience this? This the worst wait time I've had for any costumer assistance

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Endless hold

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@tongking wrote:

I booked nonstop and received email of change in flight that has 2 stops with total flight duration of more than 6 hours. Now vaving trouble with changing flights online and directed to call airline. I've been on hold now for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Had anyone experience this? This the worst wait time I've had for any costumer assistance

If they have automatically changed you to this less desirable route your choices are probably to stick with it, or to find a different date as they would assign the more likely routes first for rescheduling. 

Can you try Twitter or even better Live Chat from the App if you are a rapid reward member?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

Can you try Twitter or even better Live Chat from the App if you are a rapid reward member?

+1 for Live Chat within the app, I posted wait times for recent my experience here.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Jwalsh3rd
Adventurer A

That must have been so frustrating.  I have found that tweets or Facebook communications get prompt responses when the call centers are jammed.  The phones get bogged down a lot of times by bad weather in one region as many are calling to change flights.  SWA has been ahead of the game using social media to respond to customers.  Even this old guy has found it refreshing.  An old boomer!