Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight cancelled

brian922
Explorer C

I received email from southwest. They cancelled my flight from SMF to LGA. I had a luv voucher that expired on 04/11/19.  I can’t travel due to my work schedule I am wondering if customer service can extend  another 4 months. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight cancelled

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@brian922 

Sorry your flight was canceled.

With that I would recommend reaching out to Southwest on Twitter or try sending an email by clicking on the contact us link on the bottom of this page. You could also call customer relations at 855-234-4654 but they are a little packed with calls right now so I think email would be best.

Hope this helps!

Blake

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@brian922 wrote:

I received email from southwest. They cancelled my flight from SMF to LGA. I had a luv voucher that expired on 04/11/19.  I can’t travel due to my work schedule I am wondering if customer service can extend  another 4 months. 

As @bec102896 mentioned it may be a possibility:

1) if you reschedule the flight within the re-accomodation window the expiration is moot - but it sounds like you want to cancel the whole thing instead?

2) When you call, you should ask for them to issue a new voucher - the vouchers can't be extended. But you can be given a new one - I just wanted to make sure you ask for something that can be performed, and not get the conversation sideways on "extension" which isn't an option.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

brian922
Explorer C

@DancingDavidE   Southwest cancelled my flight already and I can’t travel another dates due to my business travel