Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flights will go down on price?

arelis33
Explorer C

Why flights are son expensive to travel from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Orlando, Florida by November?  They are over $300 roundtrip.  First time ever!! I used to travel for $250 roundtrip from San Juan to Orlando or viseversa. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Flights will go down on price?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Demand plays a big part in driving ticket prices...along with competition. So there’s is likely no good answer except for a few possibilities? It is around a holiday? Is there an event in one of the cities?

This can happen in any market. For example, my business travels between CLT and BNA are often about $225 RT, but on occasion, it can go up to $450. 

Remember that with SW, you can always book now, and if the price goes down, get your money “back” later. If you book a Wanna Get Away fare, you get the money back in the form of travel funds that can be used for other SW travel. If you book an Anytime or Business Select fare, you can actually request a refund.

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

@arelis33 wrote:

Why flights are son expensive to travel from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Orlando, Florida by November?  They are over $300 roundtrip.  First time ever!! I used to travel for $250 roundtrip from San Juan to Orlando or viseversa. 

The price for your flight may have gone down overnight. Southwest announced a systemwide fare sale this morning.  Historically, Southwest only has two systemwide fare sales a year. This is one of them.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@dfwskier Thx! I just saw that and was coming back to add that note! 

https://mobile.southwest.com/special-offer/nationwide_sale_NonstopConnect_190604

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Travel between San Juan and Orlando does not qualify for the current sale promotion.

(There are significantly more limitations on this latest sale -- more than I can recall Southwest ever having before.)