Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flying Alone with 2 Infants

kelseyhedges
Explorer C

My 6 month old twins and I will be traveling in May. Can I put a carseat by the window, a carseat in the middle and then me on the outside? I want to keep both of them in their car seats, where they are safest. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flying Alone with 2 Infants

sarahsmith
Frequent Flyer C

Hi @kelseyhedges - I think if the infants are ticketed that might be allowed. That's a tough question though! I'm fairly sure you can't have two lap children because of oxygen masks. But if they're ticketed they'd be assigned the seats (and oxygen masks). 

I'm sure you're thinking more in the way of blocking the way to the aisle. I Have placed my infant seat in the window and my convertible seat in the middle before. But it doesn't block the passage to the aisle. 

Let's page @LindseyD and see if she might be able to provide a definitive answer. 

kelseyhedges
Explorer C

Awesome, thank you!

I purchased each one of us our own tickets, so I have 3 seats for us. I just wanted to make sure that I could place one infant seat by the window, one infant seat in the middle, and I would sit in the aisle seat. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @kelseyhedges,

Welcome to the Community - thanks for posting! To answer your questions, two car seats may be placed in the same row as long as the car seats fit and one is not placed in an aisle seat. It sounds like you've already made plans to avoid that, so you should be in great shape!