Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Grandson's iPad Left on Plane

MawMaw56
Explorer C

I don't know if this is the right board to post this or not, but I need help.  On Tuesday, June 30, my 7-year old grandson & I traveled from San Francisco on SW flight #61 st 3:20 pm to Dallas.  We changed planes there & were on Flight #3254. There was a delay there, & we left Dallas for New Orleans at 10:50 pm. My grandson was playing on his iPad to pass the time. 

Well, he put it in the seat pocket & we forget to get it before leaving the plane. We were so tired from the flights.

This was an older, heavy iPad with the wide iPad charger. It was in a black Otterbox. He has lots of kids games that he loves to play daily. There's also some family pictures that were not uploaded to the cloud, unfortunately.  It was originally a gift to his mother on Mother's Day. 

I think that that was the last flight for that plane. I couldn't find out where the plane was headed next. I immediately filed a Lost Report with SW. i was not able to return to the airport once I realized it was left behind; it was storming. 

I pray that it was turned in & will be returned to us. My little grandson has cried about this, & I feel awful that I didn't take better care of it. 

I don't know if posting here will help, but I have to try.  Thanks for listening.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Grandson's iPad Left on Plane

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sounds like you did the ride thing by filing a report as quick as possible. Not sure much else can be done at this point. Hopefully you hear good news soon. 

MawMaw56
Explorer C

Thank you do much for your reply. I really hope my grandson gets hi ipad back.

MawMaw56
Explorer C

Great news!  Today Southwest mailed my grandson's iPad.  We were both SO very happy. 

A lost report was filed immediately & edited as I remembered important details that would identify the iPad as his.  It took about 16 days, so don't give up hope.  Initially we got an email saying they were in receipt of the report & to allow 30 days.  I never did give up hope.

Thanks again, Southwest, my favorite airline for taking the time to find my grandson's iPad.  We are SO grateful!  God bless you all.