Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multi-City Travel

Grady
Explorer C

I am flying into Oakland (5/1) from Seattle and returning 5/7.

My wife is flying from Seattle (5/3) into Sacramento to visit her Dad and i will meet her the next day and we will drive back to Oakland to visit my Dad and fly out together on 5/7.

Can anyone advise me on how do drop the 2nd destination and turn it into a point of exit to Seattle? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multi-City Travel

dfwskier
Aviator A

"Can anyone advise me on how do drop the 2nd destination and turn it into a point of exit to Seattle?

Hello.

Not sure exactly what you are saying.

If I understand what you said

1) You are flying to Oakland, getting to Sacramento to meet your wife, driving back to Oakland,

then flying back to Seattle.

2) Your wife is flying to Sacramento where she will mee you, drive back to Oakland, then fly back to Seattle.

Which of the above do you want to change?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Definitely not clear what you are looking to change, but the simple answer is you're probably best off calling Southwest to make changes. I'm assuming you have already booked the flights and unless they are all separate one-way bookings you'll need a phone rep to make the changes.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Grady wrote:

I am flying into Oakland (5/1) from Seattle and returning 5/7.

My wife is flying from Seattle (5/3) into Sacramento to visit her Dad and i will meet her the next day and we will drive back to Oakland to visit my Dad and fly out together on 5/7.

Can anyone advise me on how do drop the 2nd destination and turn it into a point of exit to Seattle? 

For instance are you trying to add your wife as a companion to the OAK-SEA leg only? If so from now on book one-way flights for scenarios like this.

OR

If you want to fly back from SMF to SEA instead of driving back to Oakland - same advice going forward, book one-ways - you'll have to call to make that change as part of your current round-trip ticket, or cancel and rebook online if the fares are similar or lower from when you originally booked.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.