Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non refundable/ non transferable ticket

Jacwilson1971
Explorer C

Good Afternoon, Confirmation # 5ZZ6Y9, I bought this ticket for a child who unfortunately is returning to Jamaica and unable to complete this travel. She will not be returning to the US. Is there any possible way I could transfer at least some of these funds to be used at a later time by me or another child? If not the money I paid  for this ticket will go to waste.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Non refundable/ non transferable ticket

franktravel
Aviator B

Try.....

For all other refund requests, including refund exceptions on nonrefundable travel and refund consideration on all "paper" tickets, you may:

Write to our Refunds Department at the address below.

Contact Information

Southwest Airlines
Refunds Department
P.O. Box 36649
Dallas, Texas 75235-1649

Southwest Airlines
Customer Relations
1-855-234-4654

Re: Non refundable/ non transferable ticket

chgoflyer
Aviator A

You might want to give it a try, but franktravel's advice is most likely a waste of time, unfortunately. Non-refundable tickets are non-refundable. You'll probably just receive a form reply stating that. Southwest is very "by-the-book" these days.

You do have one option to recover some of the fare, if it's greater than $100. After the funds expire, call Customer Relations and request they be reissued as a Voucher. You have 6 months from funds expiration in which to do this, and the voucher will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue. The fee for this is $100, but the voucher can be used by anyone (for airfare only, no taxes of fees). These requests are granted on a case-by-case basis, and this non-published policy is subject to change at any time, including the amount of the fee. Good luck!