Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Public transportation between Love Field and downtown Ft. Worth.

Jtkosik1
Explorer C

Forced to use "Family Travel" as the closest board to my topic, I start by apologizing for its possible misleading ramifications.

I live in Atlanta and will be traveling a lot to Ft. Worth.

Noting that DFW and TexTrain will begin offering $2.50 one way tickets for travel directly from that airport's Terminal B to downtown Ft. Worth starting next week, I have been searching for the best way to get from Love to F.W., as I much prefer flying Southwest to other airlines.

The best I have been able to cobble together from various sites including DART, is that one has to take a bus (#524 I think) from Love to the Inwood/Love train station, board a train to Victory Station and then transfer again to a second train (TRE) heading to Ft. Worth, cost $12.00.

That's challenging, time consuming and expensive. 

Does anybody know a better way?

Thank you!

JK

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Public transportation between Love Field and downtown Ft. Worth.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I am no expert since I am not from that area!  I am sure there are some DAL locals on here who can help.  With that said, I don't think there are good public transportation options for this!  You might find this helpful!  I have used SuperShuttle before, and I was very pleased.

A Google search about this topic reveals a common recommendation: rent a car.

Let us know what you decide!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jtkosik1 wrote:

Forced to use "Family Travel" as the closest board to my topic, I start by apologizing for its possible misleading ramifications.

Noting that DFW and TexTrain will begin offering $2.50 one way tickets for travel directly from that airport's Terminal B to downtown Ft. Worth starting next week, I have been searching for the best way to get from Love to F.W., as I much prefer flying Southwest to other airlines.

The best I have been able to cobble together from various sites including DART, is that one has to take a bus (#524 I think) from Love to the Inwood/Love train station, board a train to Victory Station and then transfer again to a second train (TRE) heading to Ft. Worth, cost $12.00.

Thank you!

JK

There was a pretty significant time period where Love Field was not embraced and DFW was the golden child, so it's not surprising that the past infrastructure upgrades focused on getting to the far remote field - I mean in context of the locals in Dallas that Love Field is so convenient compared to DFW, espcially for Fort Worth that is meant to benefit from DFW compared to Love Field.

Anyway - if $12 would be okay if it didn't take so long, see what the incremental cost would be for an Uber or Lyft, it may only be on the order of magnitude the same additional cost?

Otherwise for better public transit options, I'll defer to locals, perhaps @dfwskier?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Jtkosik1 wrote:

Thank you!

JK

Hello. There would be two ways to get from Love Field to Ft. Worth via public transit.

1) The way you already described. The 524 bus to the Inwood/Love light rail statrion south to (actually I think it's to  Union Station) where you'd catch a commuter rail TRE train west to Ft Worth.

The 524 runs every 15 minutes. I think you could catch either the green or orange lines south. They run pretty frequently. TRE runs about every half hour on weekdays and about every hour on Saturdays.. TRE does not run on Sundays and holidays. I suspect this is the easiest way to do it.

2) The 524 bus to Inwood Station where you would catch an Orange Line light rail to DFW where you could pick up the Tex Train you referred to. I've heard about TexTrain, but haven't paid much attention as I'm on the Dallas side of things. Don't take the green line by mistake. You would pay 2.50 for the ride to DFW

The Orange line comes in to Terminal A. Not sure how you get from A to B. If you've cleared security you just jump on the inter terminal train. Not sure what you do if you have not cleared security.

edit add

3) Actually there's a third way. The 524 to Inwood station. The orange line to DFW. Catch a remote south bus to Centerport DFW Station where you would catch the TRE to Ft. Worth.

Cost of TRE at DFW to Ft. Worth is $2.50. Sounds like too much work for me.