Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Soaked suitcase and duffel bag.

laguirre777
Explorer C

Extremely disappointed to find that both my duffel bag and suitcase were completely soaked. The employees at the baggage service were not helpful at all. Although they filed a claim for me, they clearly saw that all my clothes were wet and I had to ask them several times to give me something dry to transfer some clothes that were damp but not soaked yet. Instead of waking up early to head to the park, I have to dry clothes. Thanks for ruining our vacation Southwest! We are not able to take advantage of the early morning because all my clothes are wet. We arrived at midnight hoping to go straight to bed, now I have to go buy pajamas at 2:00am.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Soaked suitcase and duffel bag.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Morning. Sorry to hear about your problem.

There probably were limited things that Southwest could have done for you that night. They don't have spare suitcases to give people like you. They should have plastic bags, and probably should have given you one for your dry clothes.

I suggest that you call customer relations at  855-234-4654, and ask for reimbursement for out of pocket costs you incurred for pajamas and anything else you had to buy as a resut of the incident.

laguirre777
Explorer C

I spent 2 hours sorting through wet items an drying clothes. Perhaps you should reimburse me for my time and World Disney tickets that we were not able to take advantage of for the whole day because of this incident.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@laguirre777 wrote:

I spent 2 hours sorting through wet items an drying clothes. Perhaps you should reimburse me for my time and World Disney tickets that we were not able to take advantage of for the whole day because of this incident.

As I said in my earlier post, you can take it up with customer relations. This is a customer to customer forum, and you likely won't receive a resolution here, but you may at customer relations.

laguirre777
Explorer C

They have yet to do anything.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Where did the water come from, was it raining in Orlando or your origination? 

Some moisture might be expected in that case, but especially for a suitcase to be soaked through I'm not sure what must have happened.

When you call customer relations, have an amount of LUV in mind that would make you happy to speed things up.

Hopefully the rest of your time in the parks goes more smoothly.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

@laguirre777 

I'm sorry to hear all your clothes were soaking wet when you arrived in Orlando.

When the Southwest rep gave you your copy of the report there should be a link on that report you can go there and log in with your report number and you can send a message to Southwest that way as well which I believe you can attach any receipts for clothes and hopefully they will take care of you. 

Hope they resolve this for you soon!

Blake