Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Sons lost item

Goober06
Explorer C

Returned last night from Orlando on flight 1274 and arrived in Philadelphia at 11pm. I had crutches and a brace on and had to get out as quick as I could with my son and husband helping me while not holding up others. When we got home not even an hour later my son realized he left his cell phone in the seat back pocket in row 2 of the flight we were on. 

I contacted the airlines and they directed me to the web page to fill out a claim from and informed me they have crews come clean the plane and they would let us know if they found it. If we know exactly the seat and location of the phone why do we have to wait when it's the last flight of the night and it's been under an hour. My son cried all night.

I can tell you from people that I knew, when they clean planes they don't turn things in. I left a school book once that I paid 160 for and I filed a claim and all I got in 30 days was we didn't find it. I also know it was in the seat back pocket and was so large it stuck out so I have no idea how no one found it and now I'm hoping someone will turn in my sons cell phone.

We all misplace phone, but most times can go back and get them, but not when its in a plane. He has had the phone for almost 2 years and has been responsible and he was trying to help his mother who has a disability and we can't even get a response as to if someone checked the plane seat pocket where we sat. If we did not hear back today after filing a claim, I'm sure we are going to get the same as before a letter 30 days from now saying they can't find it with no true effort to find it.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sons lost item

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Goober06 

Sorry to hear your son left his phone on the plane. Its never fun to be without something of that importance for an extended period of time. 

At this point filling out the lost and found form is the best way to get your item back. Most items that are found in cleaning are sent to the central lost and found so it will take time to process as they get a lot of items and have to go though a bunch of reports to get it back to you. 

Did you try to call the baggage office in PHL? If not I would try that in case it was turned in and maybe it can be caught before going to central lost and found. 

Hope your son gets his phone back!

Blake