Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Spring Break 2019

alee11
Explorer C

When is the earliest I can book a flight for 3/23/19? Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Spring Break 2019

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@alee11

Unfortuately, I can't answer your question specifically.  SW is currently only taking bookings through early Marth 2019.  With that said, I would expect over the next month to see it pushed out again.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

There shoud be a schedule udate later tis month which will take the schedule out to the first week of April. You should be able to book your flight at that time.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@alee11 wrote:

When is the earliest I can book a flight for 3/23/19? Thanks in advance!

August 30, 2018.

FYI: The latest info is always available on the Southwest website, under Flight Schedules:

We are currently accepting air reservations through March 6, 2019. On August 30, 2018 we will open our schedule for sale through April 5, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently. 

sallenkv
Explorer C

That's very strange.  Previously on the SW website this was posted:

We are currently accepting air reservations through March 6, 2019. On August 16, 2018 we will open our schedule for sale through April 7, 2019. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@sallenkv wrote:

That's very strange.  Previously on the SW website this was posted:

We are currently accepting air reservations through March 6, 2019. On August 16, 2018 we will open our schedule for sale through April 7, 2019. 

Well, the website did previously say "This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently." 

sfarlow
Explorer B

yes that was true but to make money they changed it to Aug 30. You see on Aug 29 the EBCI fee increases to $25 so they decided to wait till Aug 30 so that everyone booking during the new booking window will have to pay the $25 fee if you are in one of the select cities that SWA will now be charge $25 for.

bec102896
Aviator A

@sfarlow

I think you could get around that by purchasing a ticket for the last date on sale currently add EB then you can change your reservation come the 30th when the new schedule is out as EB transfers with changes as long as you don't cancel and I don't think they will say you need to pay us more for EB should you be on the route that is $25 but I could be wrong. I know that's what people did back when the fee went up from $10 and up from $12.50 and it never made me pay more back then. 

Blake 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It will be interesting to see if this is true. I perpersona suspect the system will charge the difference when the change is made. But that's just a gut feeling -- not based on anything factual. Despite Southwest's history of IT challenges, it seems that lately -- post conversion to the new booking system -- they've been able to implement whatever was needed to ensure they don't leave any potential profits on the table. 😉 

We'll know soon enough!