Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stressful day/flight saved by Amazing Flight Attendant

tpskelleyjr
Explorer C

I've had good, disappointing, experiences with every airline at some point, but this is the first time I felt compelled to write a review/comment. 

Last week, my wife and I flew to Ohio with our 5-year-old and 8-week-old. In the hustle and bustle of getting all their medicines, clothes diapers, and other accessories transferred to our luggage, we left our 5-y-o's EpiPen in the diaper bag we chose to leave behind.

Unfortunately, we didn't realize this until we were checked in and at the airport, just before boarding the flight. We decided to go with it, since we've flown at least five times with him before and have never had an issue, nonetheless it added a layer of stress (on top of the nerves we were already dealing with just to get a child and an infant onto a flight).

One amazing flight attendant Ginger, Employee #14561, noticed we were a little frazzled and immediately began chatting with us and our 5-y-o, going so far as to offer him a juice, all while she was attending to her regular duties and taking care of other travelers.

She checked in on us regularly, and eventually asked us why we were so tense (after we mentioned how her attention helped us calm down).

After we explained the situation, she explained that all planes carry epinephrine just in case anything would occur, further reassuring us that all was well and in control. She went well above and beyond any customer service experience either my wife or I have ever had aboard a Southwest (or any other) flight, and turned what was shaping up to be  a nervewracking experience into an enjoyable flight our son is still talking about.

Thank you again, Ginger #14561, and thank you Southwest for encouraging the kind of service we received from her.

Tom Skelley

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Stressful day/flight saved by Amazing Flight Attendant

jksobonya
Aviator A

Thank you for sharing your story!!!

--Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

So glad to hear Ginger made your flying experience even better.

If you get a chance I recommend sending this to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter that way Southwest can pass on your thanks to Ginger and her supervisors. 

-Blake 

Complements for SW Employees

Cable-TV-Guy
Adventurer C

SInce I'm an old man who doesn't do Fakebook or Twitter, is the Customer Service phone # the only way to compliment an SW employee?

Re: Complements for SW Employees

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Cable-TV-Guy here is the click path to submit a compliment via the web:

Click "Contact Us" > look for the "Email Us" section then click "Send us a message" > a pop up form should load with the title "Connect With Us" > on the "Nature of Communication" section select "Compliment".

After completing the information on the page click "Send E-mail" at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps! 

Customer | Home airport DCA

Re: Complements for SW Employees

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

@Cable-TV-Guy wrote:

SInce I'm an old man who doesn't do Fakebook or Twitter, is the Customer Service phone # the only way to compliment an SW employee?

Just being nosy, old man here as well, but what does age have to do with social media?

Oh and great story tpskelleyjr thanks for sharing.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@tpskelleyjr wrote:

Tom, here's another way of insuring that the employee receives recognition for exemplary service

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Customer-Service-Compliment/ta-...