Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stroller Bag

kelly5701
Explorer C

Can someone please tell what the measurements are for the Southwest Stroller bag? I ordered a gate check bag from amazon.com and the bag is too short . I am wondering if the bag from southwest will fit my stroller.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Stroller Bag

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @kelly5701,

The dimensions for the Southwest Stroller Bag are 48" x 20.5" x 12.5.” We hope to see you and your little one onboard soon!

mpometto
Explorer C

How much do they cost?

LindseyD

@mpometto,

Stroller bags are available for purchase at the airport for $15.00.

Jwalters
Explorer C

Does my stroller have to have a bag or can I check it as-is? Also, is there a way to check backless booster seats? 

Thank you!

Re: Stroller for puppies

marioncarr67
Explorer C

cant pet strollers  be stored on board

LindseyD

Hi Everyone! 

I wanted to provide an updated link to the stroller bag in our Southwest Store. You can now purchase it here for $17.

ashleydphn
Explorer C

Hi, if I check my stroller at the gate, when do I get it back? Is it as soon as the plane lands at the destination and we get off? 

Thanks.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ashleydphn wrote:

Hi, if I check my stroller at the gate, when do I get it back? Is it as soon as the plane lands at the destination and we get off? 

Thanks.

Yes, you'll get off of the plane and immediately in the jet bridge the stroller should be brought up and left in the equivalent position where you dropped it at the destination. Don't go up the jet bridge without it, you are meant to pick it up right away and roll on out to the concourse.

We usually wait at least halfway through debording to get up or else we get there first, then you will be standing in the way of everyone else leaving the plane.

If you have a connecting flight you may gate check for the connection or all the way to the destination, make sure both you and Southwest are expecting the same thing to happen - verify the tag that they put on it.

Retrieving it at the connecting flight will mean you have to gate check it again before boarding the next leg.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.