Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stroller Gate Check

pinelow43213
Explorer C

What can you check at the gate with Southwest? I have a stroller, a car seat, and a car base that ideally need to be taken. Can all of that be checked at the gate?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Stroller Gate Check

xylogurl
Explorer C

In the past, I've been able to gate check those items before. I haven't traveled with a stroller personally (my child was only 4 months the last time I flew with her), but I've seen others with strollers gate check them.  Good luck!

charles839
Explorer C

Hi, I am very happy to share this best pet stroller. This is is very comfortable and used worldwide.

lin_k_conrad
Explorer B

Hi @pinelow43213

Were you able to find out of all three can be checked at the gate? I will be travelling with my family soon and would love to know what you've learned?

Thanks,
Lin

pinelow43213
Explorer C

I never did find that out, sorry! I did learn, though, that you don't necessarily need the base. You can just hook hte car seat in with seat belts. That saved a lot.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I would suggest that you invest in one of the Southwest blue bags for $15 (maybe $10? I forget) and you can put the car seat attached to the base inside the bag and it will be easily handled as one item - I'd curbside check that myself, but that's up to you.

If the car seat goes into the stroller, then instead I would take the stroller and car seat through the airport and put them in a blue bag for gate check together, then you can use them to get out of the airport too.

Agreed with the seat belt straps - if you'll be driving a limited amount or taking taxis/uber/lyft it works well to just use the belts instead of bringing the base along with you. If you'll be driving a long time in a rental car over several days, maybe the base makes sense.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.