Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What time zone does SW website use?

roycenscott
Explorer C

SW informs me the next block of ticket reservations will become available on May 31.   Does anyone know from past experience what time zone their computer reservation systems uses?  I have several identical tickets I need to purchase for family members to get to a cruise and will happiliy stay up late or get up early if I only know when the reservation system for the new block of available reservations becomes active.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Re: What time zone does SW website use?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The time zone isn't really important, since the schedule extension isn't loaded all at once. Unfortunately, it populates over a few hours, overnight. Everything is generally available very early on the morning of the specific announced date.

Re: What time zone does SW website use?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

As @chgoflyer says, it takes some time for everything to load so don't freak out when flights initially appear to be sold out or unavailable, they just aren't loaded yet.  You can start checking late the night before the scheduled date.  This also applies to sales, you can sometimes catch great sale fares the evening before the sale is actually announced as they get loaded into the system overnight.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!