Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wheelchair assistance inquiry

mcmdkdd
Adventurer C

I am traveling round trip with a family member from ONT to DAL in April with someone who needs  wheelchair assistance to get to/from gate in ONT and DAL

how to I request that?  Thanks so much 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Wheelchair assistance inquiry

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

You can have it added onto the reservation but, when you arrive at the airpot, you will still need to let an Agent know that you need a wheelchair and they will summon it for you.

mcmdkdd
Adventurer C

Thank you very much.   I called Southwest and they added it to the reservation and said I need to ask the first SW employee we see when we get to the airport.   Thanks 

mcmdkdd
Adventurer C

Thank you very much. I called Southwest and they added it to the reservation and said I need to ask the first SW employee we see when we get to the airport.   Thanks 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

For others reading this thread that use Twitter, you can also reach out to @SouthwestAir and inquire about wheelchair assistance. Don't send any identifying information such as your confirmation number until they ask for a direct message.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

wahyd
Explorer C

You can visit this blog for your assistance. Visit https://www.wahyd.com/blog/wheelchair-van-rentals-in-chicago/ .