Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wrong last name on ticket

dorottya1996
Explorer C

Hello,

I just booked a ticket like 30 minutes ago. My name is XXX from XXX, and when I booked it, I checked it several times and there weren't any problem with it. But as soon as I paid for it, in the confirmation email my last name was XXX. This could be a huge problem when boarding, and I know that I haven't made any mistakes. I have written an email to Southwest Airlines, but I would like to know is there any solution for this?

I have bought the cheapest non refundable ticket, and I don't wish to lose this...

Sincerely,

D

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Wrong last name on ticket

franktravel
Aviator B

You have 24 hrs to cancel a ticket from the time of purchase for a full refund to your credit card.  Make sure you choose refund to credit card when doing so. 

• For nonrefundable reservations within 24 hours of booking:
    • If you call or cancel online at Southwest.com within 24 hours of booking, Southwest will offer you the option of refunding the airfare back to the original form of payment, or retaining the credit to be used toward future travel. If you purchased all or part of the reservation using a Southwest gift card or a Southwest LUV Voucher and cancelled the reservation within 24 hours of booking, contact Customer Relations.

Now you can purchase the ticket again. 

Re: Wrong last name on ticket

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@dorottya1996,

Hello, this is the Community Moderator. I'm going to edit your post to remove personal identifying information. This Community loves answering questions, and we're always here to help, but in order to protect your privacy, we encourage Members not to share personal information like names, email addresses, confirmation numbers, etc. You can read our User Guidelines here