Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

fare sale

Explorer C

hi when will the next site wide fare sale be. i thought there would be one in june. i am waiting to travel from ft. lauderdale to buffal in  SEPT this year..thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Re: fare sale

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@75775873 wrote:

hi when will the next site wide fare sale be. i thought there would be one in june. i am waiting to travel from ft. lauderdale to buffal in  SEPT this year..thank you

There was one in June - about two weeks ago.

There normally are two a year: one in June and anoher in July. Will there be a July sale this year?  I don't know. Since these sales are Tuesday thru Thursday events, all I can suggest is that you check on Tuesday mornings.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@dfwskier wrote:

@75775873 wrote:

There was one in June - about two weeks ago.

There normally are two a year: one in June and anoher in July. Will there be a July sale this year?  I don't know. Since these sales are Tuesday thru Thursday events, all I can suggest is that you check on Tuesday mornings.

I usually see the 2nd big sale in October like the 1st week. The last 3 years that’s when I’ve booked points runs for early December between Thanksgiving break and Christmas break. 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@75775873 I always start with the low fare calendar, this is the link for the FLL to BUF route in September.  From what I see I don't know that sale fares would be much lower than what is showing available on the calendar now.

Customer | Home airport DCA