Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

luv voucher

yvale00
Explorer C

I lost my luv voucher, it was given to me when I was scheduled to fly out of Salt Lake City, UT and the flight was cancelled.  In speaking with Southwest they directed me to email customer service, provide details of the flight with dates and times, and someone would verify to replace the voucher.  It would be great if you can. 

The flight details are

Wednesday November 08, 2017

SLC Salt Lake City, UT - Flight 1066

4:00pm

Terminal Unit 1

Arrival to LAS - Las Vegas, NV

4:20 PM

Terminal 1

then Ontario - Flight 1559 

ONT Ontario, CA 

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Re: luv voucher

bec102896
Aviator A

@yvale00

Losing a voucher is no fun and sorry your flight was canceled but glad your giving Southwest a second chance. 

In order to see about finding your lost voucher you would need to reach out to customer relations by calling 855-234-4654 or you can also send Southwest a message on Facebook or Twitter and they should be able to assist you.

Hope this helps

Blake 

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

When your flight was cancelled by Southwest, you should have received a refund of the airfare back to the original form of payment, or (in some cases) Travel Funds for that amount, good towards future travel for one year from the original date of ticket purchase. Did you receive that?

If you were also given a voucher as a goodwill gesture, you can reach out to Southwest to see if they can help. It sounds like you've already done that via phone, and they've requested you send the info via "email." To do so, you'll need to complete the "Email us" form on the website, under Contact Us.

Be aware though that officially, Southwest states in the Southwest LUV Vouchers Terms and Conditions that vouchers will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed.

Good luck!

bec102896
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

When your flight was cancelled by Southwest, you should have received a refund of the airfare back to the original form of payment, or (in some cases) Travel Funds for that amount, good towards future travel for one year from the original date of ticket purchase. Did you receive that?

If travel ended up being completed on another southwest flight later that day or next day I don't believe you would get a refund to travel funds or your original form of payment just possible compensation (LUV voucher) and they usually won't issue a LUV voucher if travel was not taken at some point since that would be like paying a person to not fly 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@chgoflyer wrote:

If travel ended up being completed on another southwest flight later that day or next day I don't believe you would get a refund to travel funds or your original form of payment just possible compensation (LUV voucher) and they usually won't issue a LUV voucher if travel was not taken at some point since that would be like paying a person to not fly 

The OP doesn't mention taking a later flight, but you are correct. If the original flight was cancelled but the passenger was accommodated on another flight they would not receive a refund or travel funds. I only mentioned this aspect earlier because sometimes people will use the wrong terminology, for example thinking that a cancelled flight generated a voucher when they really mean travel funds. I was trying to clarify. 

To your second point, Customer Relations may offer a voucher as a goodwill gesture for many types of situations. For example, a flight cancellation that causes a disruption in travel, leading to trip cancellation or alternate travel arrangements. This is not uncommon.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

@bec102896 wrote:

@chgoflyer wrote:

The OP doesn't mention taking a later flight, but you are correct. If the original flight was cancelled but the passenger was accommodated on another flight they would not receive a refund or travel funds. I only mentioned this aspect earlier because sometimes people will use the wrong terminology, for example thinking that a cancelled flight generated a voucher when they really mean travel funds. I was trying to clarify. 

To your second point, Customer Relations may offer a voucher as a goodwill gesture for many types of situations. For example, a flight cancellation that causes a disruption in travel, leading to trip cancellation or alternate travel arrangements. This is not uncommon.  

One other thought, was the LUV issued as a paper ticket or by email? Back in the days of bumping oversold flights we would get paper copies on the spot - I don't believe these can be replaced, since they could be lost, given to someone else, etc. - it could still be in circulation.

Email on the other hand there could be a scenario where you didn't receive it for some reason and they could re-send the prior info since it would still be a valid voucher as-is.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.