Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

should I book now or wait?

anamerty
Explorer B

I have booked for our upcoming Vegas trip from Seattle to Las Vegas for July 8th, but didnt book return yet.It seems that already most of the flights are full or have stops.I dont like flying and just want to go non stop which is 2.5 hours.For about a month the only flight that is direct coming back is at 1130 pm.I guess people call it the 'red eye?' It was $145 now its $127.Not sure if I should wait to see if a better flight time  prices come down as there is 1 or 2 left or go ahead a book now.That is an ungodly hour but the price is good.Sorry to be so long but have never flown SW and never flown from SeaTac..Always Alaska Air from Bellingham but july has no direct flights so had to change courses this year

3 REPLIES 3

Re: should I book now or wait?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The schedule is set so you won't see any additional flights added. You didn't specify what day you were planning to return to Seattle or how many seats you needed so I can't double check the schedule, but in the week following the 8th there seems to be 2 or 3 non-stop flights each day. If want to provide more details I'd be happy to look more. 

There's no perfect, predictable time to book the flight, you seem to like the price now so I would go ahead and book it. While it may not help you if you don't fly often, it is possible to get credit that can be used towards a future flight if the price goes down after you book it. You can also change flights if your schedule changes or if a currently unavailable flight becomes available. You would have to pay any price difference if there is one. 

anamerty
Explorer B

sorry my return will be on July 15th.Yes Im happy with the price but the return time is going to be brutal.After we arrive in Seattle we have to pick up our car then drive back to Vancouver BC.Dont want to spend another couple hundred to spend the night in Seattle .

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That would be a good pretty brutal return. There are three non-stop Southwest flight from Las Vegas to Seattle on July 15, the earlier ones are more expensive, but would get you home with much less pain. Perhaps a good trade off for the $$$.

855am-1135am $172

1230pm-305pm $193

1100pm-130am $127

(of course prices can change, just saying what they are at this moment)

And while I prefer to fly Southwest, there are other airlines out there that can get you home so you may want to shop around if you are looking for a particular departure/arrival time. 

Hopefully that helps you, post again if you have more questions.